Premises Liability Attorneys | Joplin MO
Joplin and Neosho Slip-and-Fall Accident Attorneys
When a person is injured due to dangerous property conditions, some people will blame the person who is injured for “not looking where they were going.” However, Missouri law may hold otherwise. Business owners, landlords and homeowners can be held liable if you are injured due to dangerous property conditions.
At Copeland & Brown, we offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights if you have been injured on another person’s property. We serve clients in Joplin and throughout southwest Missouri.
Examples of unsafe property conditions include:
- Liquid and other spilled substances on a floor that causes you to slip and fail
- Misplaced objects that create a tripping hazard in a public area
- Cracked, buckled or uneven sidewalks
- Stairways with uneven steps or missing handrails
- Areas with insufficient lighting
- Lack of security in a bar or shopping center, leading to an assault
You may assume that a property owner will pay for your medical bills if you are injured on their premises. However, unless you can prove negligence on the part of the property owner, the insurance company will not pay you anything. It often takes a lawyer’s help to get you the compensation you deserve.